In this blog post, I provide a thorough Speechelo review for 2023. I also compare Speechelo vs Speechelo Pro and also to some Speechelo alternatives.
The bottom line: if you want a fast and affordable way to create human-sounding voice-overs for your videos from written text, Speechelo will enable you to do so. While the voices I tested don’t match human voices 100%, they do sound very human-like, for a fraction of the cost of what you would pay a professional announcer.
If you decide you want to buy Speechelo, make sure you read this until the end for my coupon code “hack” which will save you an extra $10.
Create the Best Content You Can
As creators, you should aim to create the very best blog posts, images, and videos that you possibly can. This holds true for every piece of content you create, every time, without exception.
First of all, it makes for a better user experience for the consumers of your content [i.e., readers, viewers, subscribers, customers, etc.]. Second, Google, YouTube, and other search engines have actually gotten smart enough to reward quality content. This means you’ll rank better and ahead of lower quality creative.
In blogging, adding charts, videos, infographics, tables, and other helpful videos help to bring your content to the next level.
One way, you can level-up your video content is by adding a professional sounding voiceover. Doesn’t that sound cool?
What’s that, you say? It sounds expensive?
I don’t know about you but as cool as having Bob-Barker-like voiceovers sound, shelling out $500 or $1000 to pay a professional announcer to read a video script sounds, ahem, a bit cost-prohibitive.
What if I were to tell you there is a way that you can get professional sounding voiceovers for your videos automatically from content that you write. AND the software that enables you to do so is super affordable to boot!
There is. It’s a new ai Cloud-based software service called Speechelo.
Speechelo Review: What is Speechelo?
Speechelo is cloud-based text-to-speech software that auto-generates human-sounding voiceovers on-demand from text.
It comes in two editions Standard and Pro; the Standard edition features 30 different sounding voices, where Pro has 171 voices, 40 background music tracks, and it enables you to create longer voiceovers.
There are some additional differences as well.
I will breakdown the differences between the two versions in more detail below.
Speechelo Standard Features
Here are the main features of Speechelo Standard Edition. I will break down the additional features you get with the Pro Edition below further down in my Speechelo review.
30+ human-sounding Voices: You get to choose from 30 natural voices, both male and female, in various languages!
3 Different Voice Tones: Sometimes you need a serious tone other times you need a more joyful tone for your voiceovers, with Speechelo Text can be read in three different tones: normal tone, joyful tone, or serious tone.
Voice Inflections: Speechelo is the only text-to-speech engine that adds inflections in the voice
Online Text Editor: Their A.I. engine will check your text and will add all the punctuation marks needed to make the speech sound natural.
Breathing & Pauses: You can add breathing sounds, longer pauses after each phrase (or you can let Speechelo’s A.I. engine decide when to add breathing sounds or pauses)
23 Languages: Arabic, Mandarin, Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Welsh – get even more with Pro
Change Speed & Pitch: You full customization control in Speechelo
No-Risk: Generous 60-day money-back guarantee
How Does Speechelo Work?
You can literally create video voice overs in just three clicks.
Click 1 – Paste text
Paste the text you want to be transformed into Speechelo’s online text editor.
Click 2 – Choose a Voice
Choose the language and voice you would like for the voiceover.
Note: They have male, female and even a child’s voice from which you can choose.
Click 3 – Generate
Click Generate, within five seconds your voiceover is ready to be downloaded.
You can also choose to add breathing, emphasize certain words, adjust pitch and tone etc. Alternatively, you can leverage Speechelo’s AI to do it for you automatically (not available for all languages).
I like using the default English voice and the AI together for a more human-sounding voice.
The default British voices are pretty cool too.
📚 Related: Ahrefs vs RankIQ Review
Are there any Speechelo Alternatives?
Yes, in researching this Speecheolo review article I was actually quite surprised at the sheer number of options that are available for text to voice. However, after surveying a number of solutions the majority of these do not sound as human-like as Speechelo in my opinion and many have hidden costs.
Also, the number of voices and languages is much more limited than Speechelo.
Here is a summary of my survey of Speechelo alternatives:
Watson from IBM
While Watson sounds a bit more human-like than Speechelo (or any other program I tested), the interface seems to struggle a bit even playing their short demo. Also, the pricing plan of x characters per month is confusing if not misleading. You can’t “customize” anything with the free lite plan and it is unclear what you get with the paid plan.
IBM says the Lite plan gets you started with 10,000 characters per month at no cost. That’s characters not words, mind you. So that could get gobbled up real quick. What really puts me off is this statement: “When you upgrade to a paid plan, you will get access to Customization capabilities.”
It is a solid sounding AI though for sure.
There is a free version available with one or two voices but sounds very robotic, also requires you to download and install software on your PC (no Cloud or Mac option)
The female voice I tested sounds more human-like than Balabolka but not as natural as Speechelo. Plus, you need to upgrade to a premium monthly or annual plan in order to save your audio files as mp3s.
This “no-frills text to speech tool” just looks like spam to me, so much so that I was afraid to download and install it for fear of catching a virus! Suggest you stay away too.
Zabaware Text-to-speech Reader
This tool converts text from the clipboard and provides both mp3 and WAV exports, but again like with the other products I tested the voices sound more robotic than Speechelo. You can see for yourself over here.
Yes there are also other options that are both free and paid. Techradar has a decent summary of the “free” ones here (although they all try to upsell you to a premium version).
Next up in my Speechelo Review, let’s take a look at the bottom line – the price!
Speechelo Pricing: Where To Buy
Speechelo is super affordable right now for a limited time to the company’s first 1000 customers.
The company ultimately plans to move to a subscription-based pricing model. You know the kind where you pay a monthly fee for the rights to access the software via the web. I’m not a fan of these types of pay as you go services.
However, as of this writing and for a limited time, the company is still offering a steep discount on the software to its first 1,000 customers for a ONE TIME $47 FEE. Cool. This is pretty crazy seeing that you would need to pay significantly more to outsource a voiceover a single video.
So, I would say grab it now if you can!
You can see if the sale is still going on by clicking on the link below.
👉Get Speechelo for Just $47
Oh, and read on until the end of this post for my hack that may get you an additional $10 off.
Is there a Speechelo Demo Available?
Here are a few solid demos that I found out on YouTube.
This is Speechelos main ad spot and previews a few of the best voices.
This is a detailed review and demo by an affiliate.
Another affiliate review.
Speechelo vs Speechelo Pro
Here are the main differences between Speechelo vs Speechelo Pro.
Speechelo Pro Version Features
The Pro version really does have some compelling options vs the Standard edition, although the standard edition may be enough for most videos.
100+ More VOICES: As if the 30 human-sounding voices in 23 languages weren’t enough, in the PRO version, we TRIPLE the number of voices that you get to 171 total!
Campaign Support: In order to work efficiently, you need to keep things organized! In the pro version you’ll be able to create new campaigns for each project or for each client that you sign.
Multi-Person Voiceovers: Using two or more voices in your videos is proven to make people more engaged in what you have to say. In the PRO version, you unlock the “MERGE” function, which will allow you to use multiple voices in a single voiceover.
Create Longer Voiceovers: With the standard version of Speechelo your voiceovers can’t have more than 700 words per voiceover. But when you upgrade to Speechelo Pro, you create 4x length per voiceover!
40 Background Music Tracks: Pro comes with a wide variety of genres of music, from cinematic tracks to joyful tracks to motivational music.
Commercial License: Create your own business or side hustle by selling voiceovers you create. Keep all the money and all the profits!
BONUS Voiceover-Cash-Machine: We will show you where and how to post your voiceover gigs, and let the clients chase you for your services, and not the other way around.
What type of Speechelo Voices Are There?
Standard Edition Voices
I have read in a number of other articles that you get 30 voices with the Standard edition, the truth is it is more like 60!
1. US English: Billy, Male
2. US English: Rosie, Female
3. US English: Owen – Kid, Male
4. US English: Henry, Male
5. British English: Arthur, Male
6. British English: Beatrix, Female
7. Australian English: Addison, Female
8. Arabic: Mirah, Female
9. Arabic Saudi Arabia – Ayasha, Female
10. Croatian: Marko, Male
11. Czech: Jan, Male
12. Danish: Simonsen, Male
13. Danish: Nora, Female
14. Dutch: Nursel, Female
15. Dutch: Carola, Female
16. French: Thiery, Male
17. French Canadian: Magalie, Female
18. Finnish: Lotta, Female
19. Finnish: Lotta, Female
20. German: Anke, Female
21. German: Martin, Male
22. German: Lina, Female
23. Greek: Georgios, Male
24. Hebrew Israel: Omar, Male
25. Hindi India: Viti, Female
26. Icelandic: Esjar, Male
27. Indian English: Mirai, Female
28. Ireland English: Brennan, Male – EITE
29. Italian: Roberto, Male
30. Italian: Delinda, Female
31. Italian: Valentina, Female
32. Japanese: Takewaki, Female
33. Korean: Yebin, Female
34. Malaysia: Soleh, Male
35. Mandarin: Genji, Female
36. Mandarin: WangJing, Male
37. Norwegian: Erle, Female
38. Norwegian: Nora, Female
39. Polish: Marzena, Female
40. Polish: Zuzanna, Female
41. Portuguese: Júlia, Female
42. Portuguese Brazilian: Leila, Female
43. Portuguese Brazilian: Rafinha, Female
44. Romanian: Dana, Female
45. Russian: Pimen, Male
46. Russian: Svetlana, Female
47. Slovak: Peter, Male
48. Slovenian: Vincenc, Male
49. Spanish, Castilian: Priscilla, Female
50. Spanish, Castilian: Albano, Male
51. Spanish, US: Fiore, Female
52. Spanish, US: Olimpia, Female
53. Spanish, Mexican: Lalita, Female
54. Spanish, Mexican: Leticia, Female
55. Swedish: Rakel, Female
56. Swedish: Barbara, Female
57. Swedish: Andreja, Female
58. Tamil India: Gurnam, Male
59. Telugu India: Laban, Female
60. Thai: Chinda, Female
61. Turkish: Miray, Female
62. Turkish: Handle, Female
63. Welsh: Cerys, Female
Pro Edition Voices
The Pro Edition comes with well over 100 additional voices in various languages so you can reach additional audiences and keep them engaged.
1. US English: Rachel – Kid, Female – PRO
2. US English: Ellie, Female – PRO
3. US English: Chloe, Female – PRO
4. US English: Summer, Female – PRO
5. US English: Grace, Female – PRO
6. US English: Jackson, Male – PRO
7. US English: Andrew, Male – PRO
8. US English: Kennedy, Female – PRO
9. British English: Brooke, Female – PRO
10. British English: Poppy, Female – PRO
11. British English: Harry, Male – PRO
12. British English: Jocelyn, Female – PRO
13. British English: Gemma, Female – PRO
14. Australian English: Hayden, Male – PRO
15. Australian English: Sophie, Female – PRO
16. Australian English: Lucy, Female – PRO
17. Australian English: Violet, Female – PRO
18. Indian English: Kashvi, Female – PRO
19. Indian English: Dulari, Female – PRO
20. Indian English: Mahika, Female – PRO
21. Indian English: Saanvi, Female – PRO
22. Indian English: Rachit, Male – PRO
23. Spanish, Castilian: Rosenda, Female – PRO
24. Spanish, Castilian: Alisia, Female – PRO
25. Spanish, Castilian: Olivia, Female – PRO
26. Spanish, Castilian: Mika, Female – PRO
27. Spanish, Castilian: Thomas, Male – PRO
28. Spanish, Mexican: Margarita, Female – PRO
29. Spanish, Mexican: Miguel, Male – PRO
30. Spanish, US: Herminio, Male – PRO
31. Spanish, Catalan: Estel, Female – PRO
32. Spanish, Catalan: Jacinta, Female – PRO
33. French: Raina, Female – PRO
34. French: Suzette, Female – PRO
35. French: Fini, Female – PRO
36. French: Huguette, Female – PRO
37. French: Margo, Female – PRO
38. French: Lamont, Male – PRO
39. French Canadian: Laurette, Female – PRO
40. French Canadian: Cherie, Female – PRO
41. French Canadian: Gabi, Female – PRO
42. French Switzerland: Denim, Male – PRO
43. Finnish: Mila, Female – PRO
44. German: Christin, Female – PRO
45. German: Monika, Female – PRO
46. German: Uwe, Male – PRO
47. German Austria: Raffael, Male – PRO
48. German Switzerland: Lukas, Male – PRO
49. Italian: Lucia, Female – PRO
50. Italian: Giulio, Male – PRO
51. Italian: Giada, Female – PRO
52. Japanese: Katsuki, Male – PRO
53. Japanese: Taigen, Female – PRO
54. Japanese: Kyoko, Female – PRO
55. Japanese: Masaaki, Male – PRO
56. Japanese: Yubi, Female – PRO
57. Korean: Joo, Female – PRO
58. Korean: Sook, Female – PRO
59. Norwegian: Siv, Female – PRO
60. Polish: Malwina, Female – PRO
61. Polish: Apolinary, Male – PRO
62. Polish: Drugi, Male – PRO
63. Polish: Maja, Female – PRO
64. Portuguese: Luis, Male – PRO
66. Portuguese: Rosana, Female – PRO
67. Portuguese Brazilian: Bruna, Female – PRO
68. Portuguese Brazilian: Caio, Male – PRO
69. Portuguese Brazilian: Marcelinho, Male – PRO
70. Portuguese Brazilian: Mafalda, Female – PRO
71. Romanian: Radu, Male – PRO
72. Arabic Egypt: Femi, Female – PRO
73. Arabic Egypt: Rabiah, Female – PRO
74. Arabic Saudi Arabia: Ahmad, Male – PRO
75. Hindi India: Ishank, Male – PRO
76. Hindi India: Amoli, Female – PRO
77. Mandarin: LiQiang, Male – PRO
78. Mandarin: WangMin, Male – PRO
79. Mandarin: Xiaoyou, Male – PRO
80. Mandarin: KaoKao, Female – PRO
81. Mandarin: Xiaoping, Male – PRO
82. Chinese Cantonese: Weijie, Male – PRO
83. Chinese Cantonese: Xinyou, Female
84. Chinese Cantonese: Xiaofen, Female – PRO
85. Chinese Taiwanese: Pèijūn, Female – PRO
86. Chinese Taiwanese: Tíngtíng, Female
87. Chinese Taiwanese: Yùwén, Female – PRO
88. Chinese Taiwanese: Jiāháo, Male – PRO
89. Hungarian: Lajos, Male – PRO
90. Indonesian: Arief, Male – PRO
91. Turkish: Rasheda, Female – PRO
92. Russian: Olesya, Female – PRO
93. Russian: Galina, Female – PRO
94. Russian: Irina, Female – PRO
95. Russian: Konstantin, Male – PRO
96. Icelandic: Dýrleif, Female – PRO
97. Danish: Bente, Female – PRO
98. Danish: Luna, Female – PRO
99. Dutch: Danilio, Male – PRO
100. Dutch: Febe, Female – PRO
101. Bulgarian: Grozdan, Male – PRO
Speechelo Coupon Code Hack
OK, ok so you made it to the end, so I am going to make good on my promise and deliver a little coupon code hack that will save you an extra $10 off Speechelo.
First, click my link below to get Speechelo at its already steeply discounted price.
Next, here’s what you need to do at checkout to get the extra $10 discount.
Here’s how. Check the address bar and look for where it says ‘&coupon=speechelo47’. Then just remove ‘speechelo47’ and replace it with ‘founders37‘.
Once you have done this, hit enter to refresh the page and apply the coupon!
Enjoy your discount!